benefits of Jayatri Powder
Jayatri (Jayatri Powder) is a crimson red-colored thread-like material that envelops the nutmeg. It is spicy in taste, somewhat like a combination of pepper and cinnamon, with a strong aroma. Jayatri is the net like extra seed covering that covers the Nutmeg’s seed coat. It is native to the Bandra islands of Indonesia. It contains an exceptionally high amount of minerals, copper and iron; providing 274% and 174% of the daily requirements of these minerals per 100gm. With several vitamins like vitamin A, C, B1, B2 and minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese and zinc also present in good amounts. It has several essential volatile oils like safrole, myristicin, elemicin and eugenol and fixed oil trimyristine.
Medicinal Properties of Jayatri Powder
- Pungent, bitter and astringent in taste.
- Hot in the constitution.
- Mucolytic, therefore removes mucus.
- Balance vata and kapha doshas.
- Mildly anthelmintic.
- Improve taste and appetite.
- Improve skin tone and complexion.
- It is tonic for the heart.
- It also has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory anti-diabetes and hepatoprotective.
- Traditional Indian and Chinese medicine have used mace to treat nervous system issues as it calms the brain and also stimulates it. The compounds myristicin and elemicin provide these benefits.
- The Eugenol in mace relieves toothache.
- Massage with medicated oil of Jayatri is beneficial when the limbs or body gets cold sensation.
- Improves libido and prevents premature ejaculation.
- Application on the forehead as a paste relieves insomnia.
- Apply a paste made with milk to alleviate pimples and give the face a glow.
- Relieves dysmenorrheal pain in women.
- Benefits in cold, cough and asthma. Useful in dry cough as well.
Type: Natural and Organic
Brand: KHAAS FOOD
Net Weight: 100gm
Country of Origin: Bangladesh
16 reviews for Mace Jayatri Powder (জয়ত্রী গুঁড়া) – 100gm
There are no reviews yet.